The field of cosmetic dentistry is becoming increasingly popular as technological innovations pave the way to the delivery of a perfect set of teeth. Despite its growing popularity, a majority of people have limited knowledge about cosmetic dentistry. There is so much more to this subspecialty than teeth whitening and teeth replacement.
In this article, we will answer some commonly asked questions about cosmetic dentistry. We hope that the answers we provide will give you a better understanding and how cosmetic dentistry can actually help you own a beautiful smile.
What can a cosmetic dentist do?
If you want to flash that perfect smile, a cosmetic dentist can be of help. Besides aesthetics, cosmetic dentists also restore tooth functionality.
Aside from teeth whitening, cosmetic dentists also offer advanced dentistry services that will help you achieve that perfect smile.
- Tooth replacement with the use of dental crowns, bridges, dentures, and implants.
- Tooth reshaping for those suffering from sharp, oddly-shaped and worn-down teeth.
- Restoration of damage teeth with the use of veneers to cover damage or enhance the overall look of the teeth.
- Straighten misaligned or crooked teeth with clear braces, Invisalign or porcelain veneers.
- Small teeth lengthening with dental veneers.
Is cosmetic dentistry a specialty?
Generally speaking, cosmetic dentistry is a specialised practice for dental professionals who want to focus on improving the overall dental aesthetics of the oral cavity.
In Australia however, cosmetic dentistry is not included in the 13 specialisations recognised by the Ministerial Council.
What are the different types of cosmetic dentistry?
The seven most common cosmetic dentistry services are as follows:
- Inlays and onlays
- Dental implants
- Dental veneers
- Dental crown
- Dental bonding
- Teeth whitening
- Cosmetic orthodontic treatments
If you find this helpful and want to know more about cosmetic dentistry, visit us here. You may also book an appointment with us on 1300 767 553 today.