When your dentist tells you that you need teeth alignment, they will commonly suggest having braces installed. Depending on the severity of your problem, braces can last between a few months to a few years. But before you rush to get them installed, it’s best to know why you need braces, the types of braces, and dental braces prices in Australia.
Braces are orthodontic appliances used to fix problems such as crooked teeth and overbites. To improve the look of your teeth and even your overall appearance, braces are actually a must. If you were asked to get braces as an adult, here are things that you must know:
There are four types of braces to choose from:
- Traditional braces are made from stainless steel. Metal braces are the most durable, easiest to install and affordable. They are installed at the front of the teeth, and are visible when you open your mouth. To ensure that your teeth align properly, dentists need to perform adjustments every 3 to 4 weeks.
- Ceramic braces are more discreet as they easily blend in with the colour of your teeth. They may not be as visible as metal braces but are known to be less durable.
- Lingual braces are installed at the back of the teeth. These non-traditional braces, although most discreet, may cause the wearer to have speech impairments or possible tongue injuries throughout the entire duration they are installed.
- Invisalign: The major selling point of Invisalign is that they align teeth without having to install appliances directly onto the teeth. A tray of Invisalign must be worn for 23 hours a day but can be removed for an hour to make way for dental care and eating.
How much do braces cost for adults?
The average cost of braces in Australia is listed below:
- Metal braces will cost between $3,000 and $6,000
- Ceramic braces will cost between $2,000 and $8,000
- Lingual braces will cost between $8,000 and $10,000
- Invisalign will cost between $3,000 and $8,000
The severity of your dental problem will determine the number of months or years you will need braces on your teeth. Dental clinics typically calculate the cost of dental braces depending on the braces of choice and the amount a patient pays for installation. The remainder will then be spread across the entire plan.
If you have more questions about braces or any of our services, click here. To schedule an appointment, you may reach us on 1300 767 553 today.