Orthodontic plates are basically of two types. Removable plates or retainers are typically used when orthodontic braces have been removed to maintain the teeth straightening results of braces as they stop the teeth from moving or shifting yet again.
The emergence of fixed plates or retainers has significantly affected the popularity of movable retainers. As fixed retainers are easier to maintain and less bulky than traditional plates, more dental health practitioners and patients prefer to have them installed.
Dental Plates for Effective Teeth Straightening
Removable plates for teeth straightening are functional appliances that assist in achieving facial balance and facilitate bite changes. Fixed retainers produce the same results but are less bulky and are easier to maintain than removable teeth aligners.
Plastic aligners are considered as a sequential aligner and used as part of a comprehensive orthodontic treatment. These retainers are mainly used to fix minor tooth or teeth movements and also act as retainers in some cases.
The Advantages of Using Teeth Plates
- Teeth plates are less bulky when compared to braces. When it comes to comfort, retainers are better alternatives than braces.
- Removable plates for teeth straightening do not affect speech as much as braces do.
- You can remove plates which means that you can resume your daily life or perform activities without the hassle that most orthodontic appliances bring.
- Removable plates come in a variety of exciting colours.
- Dental plates are perfect solutions for minor orthodontic issues such as gaps in between teeth.
How much does it cost to get dentures in Australia?
The first thing that consumers look at when choosing orthodontic treatments is cost. Whilst dental braces can cost up to $8000 for upper and lower teeth, removable plates are considerably cheaper at around $150 and $400. Factors that influence the price of dentures are as follows:
- Type of problem that needs to be fixed or treated
- The type of materials used in the production of dentures
- The number of months or years dentures, braces, and retainer are installed
Learning more about your dental treatment options will guide you in making the right decision. If you have additional questions regarding dental plates, Click Here or you may reach us at 1300 767 553.